Monday, June 7, 2010

draggin'!

Today was Day 1 of Summer 2010 Sewing Camp.

My sewing partner, Tori (who also hosts the camps at her home), and I planned two camps this week, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, to see how well that would work. Let me just say that my arse is DRAGGIN'!!!!

All of the kids, though, are soooo extremely sweet. They are very fast learners and I know will have a fun, successful camp in which they learn skills to last a lifetime. Amazing to watch them, truly, it was. The beginner students made a felt book with four "pages". One showed all the different stitches/stitch lengths/stitch widths they learned, one showed their new skill of pivoting, another showed that they can now sew curves. And, for their final page they learned how to gather a strip of fabric and sewed on a ruffle. After learning all the basics, they finished today by making a pillowcase.

Now, if I could just put my hands on some Calgon bath salts and steal away to soak in a tub full of warm water. I KNOW I am going to sleep well tonight.

On tap for tomorrow: More fun, more stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment