Sunday, September 12, 2010

clackety clack don't come back

My wonderful 20+ year old Kenmore machine has been getting louder and louder when I sew.

Clackety.
Clackety.
Clackety.
Clackety.
Finally, tonight, as I was putting together the bodice of the Alice in Wonderland costume, I decided I'd heard enough of its noisy shenanigans.
With screwdriver in hand, I removed the throat plate and found there to be a lot of lint built up around the (drop-in) bobbin housing. I removed it and blew the remaining bits from around the area.
Then, I lifted out the bobbin case and there was so much lint that I swear I could have knit a dead mouse from it all. If I knew how to knit, that is.

After all that cleaning, I put everything back together and now my machine is as quiet as can be!

Whirr.
Whirr.
Whirr.
Whirr.

Best of all? I just saved myself a $59 dollar trip to the sewing center!!
(money I could use on more fabric!)

No comments:

Post a Comment