Monday, August 31, 2009

thrift store finds

Yesterday my mom, who is here visiting, and I went to a local Goodwill to see if we could find some super cool bargains. Though I didn't go up and down each aisle looking for fantastic fabrics, I did get three things to repurpose into other things.
One was a pair of size 6 pj pants, I cut them down and used a pattern to make them fit a size 3 or 4 year old. $1.25 is much better than the $9 or so price tag that they would have at full retail.

The second thing I bought was a child's tunic, a size or two too big. I took it up in the shoulder seam and tucked it in under the arm. When I got finished (at half past midnight) I realized that the opening was now too small for wee one's head. So I cut the back of the neckline and added a continuous lap. It looks cute with leggings.

There is also a sleeveless, embroidered, oxford-cloth maternity top that I am going to make into a dress, but it was too late last night to get started on it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment